Episode 33 – The Right Time To Share Your Work
Intention, motivation and sharing joy
Sometimes you're just itching to share your work with someone. Anyone. But is that always the best indicator that it's time to put your latest creative project out there? In this episode we identify a few potential indicators that can help you know when the time is right. And perhaps more importantly, we examine some of the reasons why you'd want to share, including ego, feedback and spreading joy. Knowing what you want to get out of sharing (and what's in it for the other guy!) is an immense help in knowing what to expect when you do share. Pull up a chair and prop up your feet and enjoy!
- You Can't Create Under Surveillance, post by Austin Kleon that compliments this episode very well
- NYT Review of The Selected Works of Audre Lorde
- To Spring From The Hand, The life and work of Paulus Berensohn, documentary
- Beyond the Visible: Hilma Af Klint, documentary trailer
- Online Writing Workshop for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror, website